Hello, everyone! The weather has gotten so much warmer, which means people are starting to cookout with their friends and families. We all know that your cookout is most likely going to consist of delicious, yet fat-packed cheeseburgers and hot dogs. If you’re trying to resist the temptation to eat these greasy munchies, I’m sharing a yummy, healthy alternative with you: Salmon burgers with lemon-cilantro mayo.
- 1 lemon (1 tsp. grated lemon peel and 1 tbsp. lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 salmon filet
- 1/4 cup dill
- 1 medium-sized onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tsp. salt
- Nonstick spray
- Hamburger buns (whole wheat or gluten free)
- lettuce leaves
- 1 sliced tomato
- Heat pan or grill to medium
- Chop salmon finely in a bowl. Then combine your onions, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, salt, dill, and 1/2 tsp. lemon peel.
- Form your patties and lightly coat them with the remaining bread crumbs. (If you are using a grill, spray both sides of the patties with nonstick spray. If you are using a pan, coat it with just enough nonstick spray to cover the bottom)
- In a separate bowl, blend together mayo, 1/2 tsp. lemon peel, lemon juice, and cilantro.
- Place the patties on grill/pan for 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Set up your salmon patties on burger buns with lettuce, tomato, and a smear of lemon-cilantro mayo.
This recipe is a healthier alternative to a traditional hamburger and is a really refreshing meal. If you are not a big seafood person, another option would be to eat a boca burger, black bean burger, or even a regular hamburger without the bun. I hope you enjoyed this recipe!